Kristin Stankiewicz is an attorney in the Cannabis Law practice of Greenspoon Marder’s Oregon office. She focuses on regulatory and compliance issues for cannabis and hemp businesses, including land use, real estate, and state and local licensing. Ms. Stankiewicz has a broad legal background in environmental law, criminal defense, general municipal law, real estate law, and land use law, all of which have given her a strong foundation from which to provide excellent representation to her cannabis clients. Ms. Stankiewicz has represented cannabis clients since 2009, including medical marijuana patients, medical marijuana dispensaries, hemp businesses and recreational marijuana licensees of all license types.
Ms. Stankiewicz has an agile understanding of the ever-evolving, local and state regulatory frameworks in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest that cannabis businesses must navigate in order to site, develop, license, and maintain compliant cannabis facilities. She works closely with local jurisdictions and state licensing agencies to advocate for sensible regulations so that the cannabis industry has room to flourish. Ms. Stankiewicz speaks on a variety of legal topics relevant to the cannabis industry, including regulatory issues for cannabis and hemp, land use, and banking.
Ms. Stankiewicz has two small children who keep her busy and endlessly entertained. She enjoys hiking, skiing, gardening, dancing, yoga, and adventuring on motorcycles.
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- J.D., Indiana University School of Law, 2006
- B.A., English Literature, University of California, 2001
Professional and Community Involvement
- Oregon Women Lawyers (OWL), Member, 2018
- Speaker, “Do’s & Dont’s,” Cannabis Collaborative Conference, January 23, 2019
- Speaker, “Marijuana Money – What are the Compliance Issues?,” Washington Indian Gaming Association’s Northwest Indian Gaming Conference, July 3, 2018
- Speaker, “Recreational Marijuana Business Law In Oregon,” National Business Institute’s (NBI) Live Seminar, December 8, 2017
- Oregon Client Alert: OLCC to Limit Marijuana Producer Licenses
- Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission Announces June 15th Deadline For License Applications
- Greenspoon Marder Supports The NCIA Cannabis Business Summit & Expo
- Greenspoon Marder Attorneys Amy T. Margolis And Kristin Stankiewicz Featured Speakers At NBI Seminar
- Outdoor Producer Harvest Notification Reminder
- National Support for Cannabis Legalization Reaches an All-time High
- Oregon Stay At Home Order And The Cannabis Industry