Saphira Galoob is the Principal and CEO of The Liaison Group, a premier federal advocacy firm for the cannabis industry in the United States. An entrepreneur, strategist, business lawyer and legislative professional, Ms. Galoob brings more than two decades of building businesses from conception. She has first-hand experience and success with balancing the intersection between the passion and priorities of start-up enterprises with regulations and business realities. Always a creative and committed advocate for her clients, she is highly effective and intuitive at translating complex and sensitive concepts to targeted audiences. In the Cannabis space, she has expertise in designing and executing strategies to assist Cannabis businesses to effectively navigate, participate and communicate within the Congressional and Federal Agency landscape.
Ms. Galoob holds a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from Boston College, a Juris Doctorate from Oklahoma City University School of Law, and a Masters in International and Comparative Law from Georgetown University School of Law. She completed advanced academic work with Tufts University in Talloires, France and Boston University at the Université de Grenoble, in Grenoble, France. During her early career, she worked on Capitol Hill for Congressman Bill Brewster. Following her legal studies, she developed expertise in the US and Global Cable, Telecommunications and Satellite sectors and in Privacy law as an Associate at the DC-based law firm, Cole, Raywid & Braverman (Now Davis, Wright, Tremaine). She also served as Regulatory Counsel for France Telecom’s International Law Department, in Paris, France. She then pivoted into Legislative Affairs with a focus on a Federal Appropriations portfolio for Salem & Saxon, a Florida law firm, where she headed the DC office. She served as the Director of Institutional Advancement for Landmine Survivors’ Network, responsible for institutional, public and private sector donors including US and foreign governments, foundations and high net worth donors. She is the Founder and Artistic Director Emeritus, for Saffron Dance – one of the leading academies of classical Middle Eastern dance. She completed her Bar admissions in Florida (Inactive) and the District of Columbia (Active).
- National Law Journal, “Cannabis Trailblazer,” 2018
In the News
- Quoted, “Art of the Deal: Trump Looks to Trade Cannabis Legalization for Justice Department Nominees,” Forbes, June 13, 2018
- Quoted, “Legislation Would Protect Cannabis in Legal States, Enable Banking,” Marijuana.com, June 8, 2018
- Featured, “Washington Wrap: DC Law Firms See Revenues Bloom,” The National Law Journal, May 25, 2018
- Mentioned, “Higher Law: Protecting Pot Brands | Cannabis Banking Updates,” Law.com, May 24, 2018
- Quoted, “Greenspoon Marder Acquires Cannabis Advocacy Firm,” South Florida Business Journal, May 23, 2018
- Quoted, “Greenspoon Marder Acquires DC Cannabis Lobbying Firm,” Law360, May 23, 2018
- Quoted, “Greenspoon Marder Snaps Up Pro-Pot Lobbying Group in DC,” The American Lawyer, May 23, 2018
- Featured, “Greenspoon Marder Acquires The Liaison Group,” CityBizList, May 23, 2018
- Mentioned, “Wake Up Call,” Bloomberg Law: Big Law Business, May 23, 2018