Stephen A. Lenn has over 40 years of legal, commercial and investment banking experience in connection with capital formation for start-ups and emerging and middle market businesses, including private placements of securities, as well as in corporate merger and acquisition transactions. His experience also includes debt finance transactions, loan workouts and other resolutions of distressed businesses and real estate transactions.
Over the past two years Mr. Lenn has brought to the cannabis industry the skill sets as a corporate, merger/acquisition and finance attorney that he developed over the course of many years representing both Fortune 1000 and entrepreneurial clients across the business spectrum. Since joining Greenspoon Marder a year ago, Mr. Lenn has been involved in representations in pending and closed cannabis acquisition and financing transactions in multiple states involving more than $1 billion.
Mr. Lenn is the former general counsel of a diversified bank holding company and has served as special counsel to federal and state banking regulatory authorities. He holds several Financial Institution Regulatory Authority (FINRA) securities licenses and, for more than 12 years, was the principal of a boutique investment banking firm
- New York
- J.D., Columbia University Law School
- B.A., Tufts University, cum laude
- Speaker, “Investment Panel – IP, Tech, Startup, Innovation, Disruption, Challenges and Opportunities,” Cannabis LAB Conference, November 7, 2018
- Speaker, “Legal Concerns For Cannabis Investors and the State of the Industry,” Kahner Global Cannabis Private Investment Summit, October 23, 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV® Preeminent ™
- Martindale Hubbell, “Arizona Top Rated Lawyer,” 2018
In the News
- Featured, “Greenspoon Marder Continues to Expand, Opens Office in Phoenix,” Daily Business Review, November 29, 2017
- Featured, “Greenspoon Marder Announces Further Expansion With Office Opening In Phoenix,” Phoenix Business Journal, November 27, 2018
- Author, “Corona Owner’s Investment A Turning Point For Cannabis,” Law360, September 11, 2018