Just like traditional businesses, cannabis businesses need advice and help with employment related issues. Greenspoon Marder’s employment lawyers can help cannabis businesses navigate the myriad of state and federal employment laws to ensure that employees are safe and compliant and to prevent unnecessary liability on behalf of the employer. Having happy and well managed leadership and employees is one of the most important aspects of running a successful business.
Whether you are running an established business or just launching our lawyers can help you with a wide range of employment issues including:
- Employee handbooks
- Employment and independent contractor agreements
- Non-compete and non-disclosure agreements
- Employment litigation
- Workman’s compensation claims
- OSHA, BOLI and other agency complaints
- Wrongful discharge and termination claims
- Staff and employee trainings
- Sexual harassment claims
- Separation agreements and claims release
- Cannabis related investigations and employee incidents
- Disciplinary proceeding and HR guidance
Our cannabis employment attorneys work with clients on pro-active compliance, liability mitigation, crisis management, and dispute resolution. We counsel our clients on the implementation of employment policies and practices that help protect against potential claims and/or violations; and, when necessary, we draw upon the extensive experience of our Litigation Practice Group to ensure the best possible outcome for our clients.