Local Government and Permitting

Every single adult use state requires some sort of local government approval to operate a cannabis business. This permission can be, in some states, as simple as a signed statement from local land use authorities, all the way to a separate and distinct licensing process. Greenspoon Marder lawyers understand how to work with land use boards, county and city commissioners as well as participate in committees that help shape local land use legislation.

No matter what the requirements are, our lawyers can help you determine your property’s viability for cannabis permitting and licensing as well as complete the back-end land use work to bring a property into compliance.

It is important to remember that local land use work is geographically specific and each jurisdiction is different. By having cannabis lawyers located all over the country, Greenspoon Marder is able to have and develop relationships with local regulators and are familiar with the specific local land use regulations.

Meet the Team