Guiding Clients Through Nevada’s Marijuana Laws
With the voter passage of the Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Act (Question 2) on November 8, 2016, Nevada joined a growing number of states legalizing the purchase, possession and consumption of recreational marijuana. Back in 2000, medical marijuana had already been legalized in the state for patients with qualifying conditions through a ballot initiative (Question 9 – the Nevada Medical Marijuana Act).
Although both recreational and medical marijuana are now legal in Nevada, the rules governing the cultivation, purchase and consumption of marijuana in the state are still restrictive and are likely to change over time.
Providing Comprehensive Advice to Nevada’s Cannabis Industry
The Cannabis Practice at Greenspoon Marder delivers practical advice and proactive assistance on a full range of issues impacting participants in the Nevada’s cannabis industry. Our cannabis lawyers help clients create business strategies and assist them in overcoming legal obstacles to ensure their business objectives come to fruition.
We regularly counsel clients in matters involving Nevada’s:
- Adult Use Program. Greenspoon Marder attorneys provide comprehensive advice and assistance to business owners, entrepreneurs and other entities seeking to grow, manufacture, distribute and sell recreational (adult use) marijuana in Nevada.
- Medical Program. The attorneys in our Cannabis Practice advise clients regarding Nevada’s Medical Marijuana Program.
- Licensing. Our lawyers help clients identify, apply for and secure the business licenses they need to cultivate, transport, manufacture, test and sell marijuana and marijuana products in Nevada.
- Compliance. We ensure our clients’ procedures and operations are in full compliance with Nevada’s laws and governing the cannabis industry.
- Updates and Legislation. Our lawyers carefully track and monitor legal trends and developments at the state, local and federal level that may impact our clients’ companies and business activities.