Michael Dailey is senior counsel in the Litigation Practice Group at Greenspoon Marder LLP. Mr. Dailey focuses his practice on representing individuals and corporations in various industries, including entertainment, apparel/fashion, commercial real estate, data security, energy, finance and telecom in connection with civil matters pending in state and federal courts. He also has extensive experience conducting internal investigations on behalf of companies and representing individuals and entities in connection with regulatory investigations and criminal matters.
- New York
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2009
- Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law, Associate Managing Editor
- Moot Court Executive Board
- International Business Law Fellow
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Fall Honors Program, Intern
- Carswell Merit Scholar
- B.A., Boston College, magna cum laude, 2004
- Successfully confirmed $4.4 million international arbitration award issued against foreign distributor in federal court.
- Obtained successful settlement on behalf of an apparel company disputing payment terms with manufacturing vendor after seeking emergency relief from the court.
- Successfully defended national commercial real estate developer against breach of contract claims brought by joint venture partner.
- Defended real estate developer in civil investigation brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission concerning various property syndications to resolution without any findings against the company.
- Obtained arbitration award for commercial tenant involved in lease dispute.
- Conducted internal investigation of data security company in connection with alleged accounting irregularities.
- Represented entertainment studio in connection with its successful emergence from Ch. 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented current and former employees of a large Swiss financial institution being investigated by the U.S. Department of Justice for allegedly aiding and abetting tax evasion by the bank’s U.S. customers.
- Represented court-appointed trustee of bankrupt hedge funds in action concerning former management’s refusal to turn over $4 million of investor proceeds.
- Successfully defended oil and gas company in federal class action involving tens of thousands of potential claimant.
- Defended international commercial bank against breach of contract claims in its role as RMBS trustee.
- Prosecuted claims against directors and officers of failed investment bank.
- Defended secured lender against breach of contract claims brought by borrower.
- Prosecuted breach of contract and tort claims on behalf of telecom company in connection with a failed satellite launch.
Professional & Community Involvement
LGBT Bar Association of Los Angeles, Board of Governors, 2018 – 2019