Helping Clients Navigate Colorado’s Cannabis Laws
Colorado has always been at the forefront of marijuana legalization. The state legitimized the cultivation and possession of marijuana for medical use with the passing of Amendment 20 and was the first place in the world to legalize the sale of marijuana to individuals 21 years of age or older for recreational purposes at licensed retail establishments. Yet, despite the state’s advancements in the cannabis industry, the laws governing this sector are still relatively new and likely to change.
The Cannabis Practice at Greenspoon Marder helps businesses seeking to take part in this ever-evolving industry navigate Colorado’s complex marijuana laws. We work one-on-one with clients to develop effective plans and strategies to drive their cannabis ventures forward while complying with state and local regulations.
Below are just a few of the areas we can assist you with:
- Adult Use Program. Our attorneys help businesses and entrepreneurs interested in the retail sale of marijuana for recreational (adult) use.
- Medical Program. Our legal team provides the legal guidance and industry insight Colorado business owners need to successfully launch and grow their medical marijuana operations.
- Licensing Requirements. We help clients obtain the state and local business licenses they need to operate in Colorado’s cannabis industry.
- The attorneys in our Cannabis Practice partner with clients to develop and implement comprehensive compliance plans and business strategies tailored to their unique goals and objectives.
- Cannabis Legislation. We keep clients up-to-date with the latest developments in cannabis law and regulations that apply to their business ventures.
Whether you are already an established member of the Colorado cannabis community or are exploring potential business opportunities, Greenspoon Marder can help you reach your goals.